IPL/ Laser hair removal is a lasting solution for removing unwanted hair. All areas of the body, on both men and women, can be treated including the face, neck, arms, chest, underarms, belly, bikini line, legs, back and shoulders. Laser hair removal is completed in a series of treatments. Most patients will require 6-9 treatments at intervals of 6-8 weeks apart for maximum results.
- Laser IPL is most effective on black hair and light skin. It is NOT effective on dark skin.
- Treatments for the face and up are done every 2 - 3 weeks. Treatments below the head are done every 4-6 weeks.
- You will need to shave the area within 12-24 hours before your appointment.
- Do NOT tweeze, wax or use any depilatory agent for one month prior to treatment
- Treatments cannot be performed on areas with a suntan or sunburn. Avoid direct exposure to the sun, tanning beds or self tanning products for 4 weeks prior to treatment. If you will be in the sun prior to treatment, a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher should be applied to any treatment area exposed to the sun.
- Laser IPL will kill the bulb of the root causing that hair follicle to no longer grow. The is a permanent hair reduction. Over time you will have additional active hair follicles develop (very minimal).
- You will be numbed with ice prior to the treatment. The procedure may be a little uncomfortable, but should not painful.